Are you interested in becoming a Columbia College Student-Athlete?
Columbia College recruits the highest quality individuals to participate on our athletic teams. To be considered for athletic scholarship, prospective student-athletes must adhere to the following:
1) meet the required academic standards set by the NAIA and Columbia College;
2) demonstrate athletic ability at a high level to make a positive impact on an intercollegiate team;
3) demonstrate good character traits including a strong work ethic and a positive attitude;
4) possess academic priorities that reflect the image of a student-athlete and community leader.
In order to compete in intercollegiate athletics, you must be declared eligible to compete in accordance to the rules of the NAIA. All students must gain acceptance to attend Columbia College through its standard admissions process and register with the NAIA Eligibility Center.
1. Incoming freshmen must meet two of the following three academic requirements:
- Cumulative high school GPA of 2.00 or better calculated on a 4.00 scale
- A minimum score of 18 on the ACT or 860 on the SAT (Math and Verbal sections only)
- Graduate in the top 50 percent of your high school graduating class.
2. Transfer students, at minimum, must:
- Have an cumulative GPA of 2.00 or higher in all college courses taken
- Passed a total of 24 credit hours in the previous two semesters of attendance.
Additional requirements are necessary to determine a transfer student's academic eligibility. Please contact the director of athletics at (803) 786-3723 with questions regarding eligibility requirements.
Facts and Figures
Columbia College competes in 10 intercollegiate sports: basketball, cross country, golf, lacrosse, soccer, softball, swimming, tennis, track and field, volleyball. The department of athletics provides opportunities to compete in intercollegiate athletics to over 152 athletes. Columbia College is a member of the National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) and the competitive Appalachain Athletic Conference (AAC).
If you would like be recruited, please consider the following steps:
- Make sure you meet the academic requirements for admission and eligibility. Please contact the director of athletics at (803) 786-3723 with questions about athletic eligibility requirements.
- Complete our online athletic questionnaire. Your response will be received directly by our head coaches.
- Apply for admission using our online application.
- Communicate with our coaching staff, and forward your playing schedule and a skills or game tape as soon as possible.