COLUMBIA, S.C. – Columbia Volleyball (0-5;0-1 AAC) fell to Point University SkyHawks (5-3; 1-0 AAC) Thursday, September 7th in West Point, GA in their first conference match.
- Score: Columbia – 0 Point – 3
- Location: West Point, GA
- Season: Point (5-3; 1-0 AAC) / Columbia (0-5; 0-1)
Columbia College Volleyball officially started their conference season this week. The Koalas had a rocky start trailing 10-25 in the first set before pushing back to close the score gap in the second. Columbia fought hard to post 22-25 but couldn't hang on and ended the third and final set with a 14 point deficit to end 25-11.
Columbia lead in Attack Attempts (88-79) but a determined defense from Point proved too much for the attack line.
Columbia posted 22 kills but 27 attack errors injured the score line.
- Monee Anderson posted 7 kills and 1 solo block.
- Anastasia Brackin gave 11 assists.
- Taylor Rawl aided with 4 kills and 1 service ace.
Columbia plays Tuesday, September 12th against Bob Jones University at 7:00pm EST.