Greenville, SC – Columbia College Volleyball (0-7;0-2 AAC) dropped to Bob Jones University Bruins (5-4; 1-0 NCCAA) Monday, September 18th in Greenville, SC in a regional match-up between conference play.
- Score: Columbia – 1 BJU – 4
- Location: Greenville, SC
- Season: BJU (5-4; 1-0 NCCAA) | Columbia (0-7; 0-2 AAC)
Columbia College Volleyball took their first set win of the season in a 4-1 loss to Bob Jones University. The Koalas started slow in the first posting 13 points as Bob Jones swept the opening 25. Columbia recovered midway through the second set to take the lead at 22.
Columbia wouldn't give up as the set extended 25-25 before the Koalas snagged the victory 27-25. Bob Jones came back with a fiery third set and took the remaining two 25-17 and 25-13.
Columbia posted 37 kills and 32 attack errors out of 145 attack attempts for a team hitting percentage of 0.034.
- Alicia Carlson lead the attack and defense with 8 kills, 1 assist, 1 assisted block, and 19 digs.
- Anastasia Brackin pushed 1 kill, 11 digs, 13 assists.
- Shanae Hughes added an additional 10 assists and 7 kills
Columbia plays Tuesday, September 19th at home in the Porter Gymnasium against first-year AAC Conference opponent Brenau University at 6:30pm EST.