The Columbia College athletic trainers aspire to provide the upmost quality of patient centered care for student-athlete participants. The scope of athletic training services encompasses various domains including, but not limited to, prevention, emergency care, clinical diagnosis, therapeutic intervention and rehabilitation of injuries and medical conditions. In addition, these services are provided to enable the patient to maintain an optimal quality of life beyond the span of athletic performance, competition, or physical activity. The athletic training staff will work in conjunction with other physicians, healthcare professionals, and college resources to assure the best course of care for the patients throughout their time at Columbia College.
The needs of the patient shall always be the first consideration for all members of the athletic training staff. We are committed to ongoing evaluation of our services so that our patients can be assured of the highest quality of care. Furthermore, we are committed to addressing problems and concerns in a timely manner so that needs of our patients and employees are met. Finally, the Columbia College Athletic Trainers aspire to maintain a program of recognized excellence; it is our desire to establish outstanding services for Columbia College Athletics.
Meet the Athletic Trainers
Head Athletic Trainer- Kenya Moore
Assistant Athletic Trainer- Kate Downs
Athletic Training Policies and Procedures
- Student Athletes requiring taping or treatment are to be in the Athletic Training Room 30min to an hour prior to practice.
- Student Athletes who cannot make it to the ATR before practice due to classes, can schedule a time during morning clinic hours for rehab and treatment.
- Student Athletes should not be in the ATR without the supervision of a Certified Athletic Trainer.
- Student Athletes should not attempt to operate equipment or administer treatments on their own.
- Student Athletes should ask the Certified Athletic Trainer for permission to use all supplies and materials stored in the ATR.
- Athletic Equipment (i.e. cleats, helmets, bags) should stay off of the treatment and taping tables.
- Food and drink are not allowed in the Athletic Training Room.
- Athletes are to be prompt for treatment and rehab appointments.
- Any aggressive language or gestures will not be tolerated.
- Athletes are to be prompt for doctor’s appointments. Transportation is the athlete’s responsibility. If you cannot find transportation, notify the Athletic Training staff at least one day before your appointment and arrangements will be made. Doctor’s appointments will be made around the student’s schedule if possible, except for emergency situations.
- Athletes are asked to return ace wraps, crutches, or other materials when they are no longer being used. If not returned, you will be billed. They must fill out equipment form checkouts.
Columbia College Sports Medicine requires that all student-athletes carry primary insurance coverage. The Columbia College Athletic Department carries secondary insurance to supplement the cost of medical bills not covered by primary insurance. No student-athlete will be required to pay out of pocket for medical bills associated with an athletic injury/illness, provided they follow the correct procedure and abide by the appropriate guidelines. This insurance policy does not cover any injury occurring during voluntary workouts or unsupervised workouts/practices.
Prior to participation in intercollegiate athletics at Columbia College, student-athletes must undergo a pre participation exam given by Columbia College team physicians. Student athletes will undergo a physical by a Columbia College team physician on a yearly basis, scheduled by Columbia College Athletic Training staff.
- Visiting Team Information
- Emergency Action Plans
- Local Hospital Information
- Incoming and Transfer Student-Athlete Medical Packets
- Returning Student-Athlete Medical Packets
- Drug Policy